This weekend, our chief website developer and designer, James, got to attend Pirate Life’s mammoth party to celebrate the launch of their Port Adelaide brewery and 4th birthday. Let’s just say that it pays to win ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ in our office.
Between the live music acts and flowing beers, James rang to report two things.
- Pirate Life know how to throw a good shindig.
- Their new $15 million brewery is super impressive.
A few quick facts about the new Port Adelaide brewery:
- The new brewery has been constructed in Port Adelaide’s historic 1938 Dalgery Woolstores.
- It has the capacity to produce 8 million litres of beer a year, so the team will brew Pirate Life’s bestselling beers at this larger premise.
- It’s well worth a visit to check out the 22-yard main bar (the length of a cricket pitch), which offers 24 taps.
- There is also a cool tasting room, a Pirate Life shop, and if you need a beard trim you can pop into Robbie’s Chop Shop.
- Expect plenty of fun brewery events throughout the year including A Day on the Cans on March 30th.
Lastly, Pirate Life’s original Hindmarsh brewery will remain open. This will be the place where the new and innovative beers will be dreamt up. Pirate Life hopes to brew between 40 and 45 new beers this year.
Thanks for showing us around your new home, Pirate Life! It was a cracker weekend.